Primary Science Teacher Award/scholarship
The Primary Science Committee of STAWA is proud to call for nominations for the STAWA Primary Science Award formally called the Scholarship. The purpose of the award is to recognise outstanding primary and early childhood teachers of science. This award is open to any teacher who believes they are making a difference in the teaching and learning of primary or early childhood science in their classroom or school. Individual teachers or science specialists can apply. This award is not open to those teachers who have already received state science awards.
All 2016 entries must be submitted electronically to STAWA by Thursday 7th April 2016, Primary Science Award details.
Please download the 2016 Primary Science Award Form
The winner of this award will receive the following:
- A framed Certificate,
- Free Full registration to the 2016 STAWA Primary Science Conference.
PRISCI PIN-UPS is an activity based ideas sheet for teachers of primary science. It focuses on different ideas, topics and or key concepts each issue and aims to illustrate exciting science activities and skills for teachers and students. Please take a look at a sample PRISCI PIN-UPS.
The Primary Science committee provides a range of activities that support and help science teaching and teachers in primary schools.
- The STAWA Primary Science Conferences is the professional and social centerpiece of the primary science activities
- PRISCI PIN-UPS a publication that illustrate exciting science activities for teachers and students
- Coordinate STAWA primary professional learning programs
- Consult with, advise and partner with Corporate and Government bodies endeavoring to support Primary School Science
Primary schools are able to join as Institutional Members of STAWA.